Monday, October 19, 2015

AEM 6.0 with Multiple jdk

AEM 6.0 with Multiple jdk



Here I will be specifying the challenges I faced while trying to configure AEM 6.0 with multiple jdk on my local environment.

The first challenge I faced while working with AEM 6.0 was to make it run within my machine which is configured for java 1.8.
AEM 6.0 sp 1 does not work with jdk 1.8

For any AEM version starting from CQ5.6 it is required to install service pack 3. You can find the same on adobe site.

You can find more technical requirements at Adobe site

So I was left with one of the two options :
  1. Setting my machine to run of JDK 1.7  
    • Configuring the JAVA_HOME and Path environment variables to point to your JDK 1.7
    • Checking the same using java -version on command prompt
    • Also check which exe is there in system32 folder
  2. Running AEM 6.0 with JDK 1.7 (some how)
    • For this one you can use a java command that is twisted like


C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_25/bin/java.exe -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=30303 -XX:MaxPermSize=1024M -Xmx1024m -jar aem-author-p4502.jar -nofork -gui


No comments:

Post a Comment

Some more AEM 6 Interview Questions for Architects

 Some more AEM 6 Interview Questions for Architects 1. Consider you have a workflow with two steps. One step is to transfer the asset from s...